Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Home Made and Hot

I'm going to make harissa tonight. Greg Malouf style. It consists of 15 fresh chillies and 15 dry chillies.
Sounds like it's fiery enough to tear an elephant a new one.

I attempted to make quince paste on the weekend. I think it was a bit of a flop. I'm going to attempt another batch this weekend.

Next on the agenda- olives. Will buy a couple of kilos along with a lot of rock salt and start curing them. In six weeks we should have salty,wrinkly black joy which I will preserve in extra virgin olive oil, whole chillies and garlic cloves and herbs.

Watch this space for pictures and methods of above noted. I did make an amazing fettucine last night but forgot to take pics. I must make mention of Meredith's Chevre goat cheese with dill. Sen-sa-tion-al.

No comments:

Post a Comment